Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The start of a new project...


As promised, I am now posting *every* step in the creation of a drawing. This particular project is for someone who would like their City of Heroes character drawn. The specified pose is of their character flying in front of the Atlas statue. If you haven't played City of Heroes, that's not tremendously important to following the process, though I must admit I've dabbled in this metropolis riddled with doofus villains. The very first step has been completed; finding out what the drawing is of and any specifics the client wants. *Always* important because it happens, from time to time, that one must restart an entire project due to incomplete or a complete lack of instructions from the client. This can be the fault of either the artist or the client, so I don't want anyone to think I'm placing blame on any one part of the market. I have learned, through experience, that it is *very* important to be sure I have all the details before I finish a final product. Even then, though, I have had to re-do minor and some major parts of drawings. That's the biz. Tonight I will be posting the preliminary character detail sketches I've made of the character "Sister Psyke". Tomorrow, most likely, I will post the rough sketches of the final product, though not the sketch that will be drawn over for the final. That's about it. If anyone has questions or advice, drop me a line. I'm happy to reply to both. Oh, and there's another thing that probably is worth mentioning; I, perhaps foolishly, challenged another fine artist to a draw-off. The subject is Captain Marvel (Shazam!) vs. Mr. Mind. I didn't even think of the possible following effort that would be needed and Mike caught me with my pants down. I must now work on two projects simultaneously to get this done in time. I stipulated that this drawing be done by mid January. This *does* give me ample time, but I'm feeling the pressure already. To check out how he's doing, just check here: http://escaperisms.blogspot.com/ I'll talk to y'all soon. -Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home