Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Today is not Monday...


Heya', folks.

I know today isn't Monday and on top of that I don't have all that much to show y'all. I've done some work on the orc, though which will accompany this update. I wanted so very much to show the axe the orc is weilding but it just never made any sense, so I've decided it will hang behind his head/back. I'm trying to show there's some kind of special, radiant feature and I think that's going to look decent when it's a fait-a-complis...complit? Hmm...I'll have to break out my becherelle (sp?) and see how it ought to be spelled. Or possibly wiki it. Anyway, the sky is giving me grief. Serves me right for thinking, in the early stages of this drawing, "boy, the sky sure is going swell!" Indeed. I *think* I've done some work on the cat-woman as well, but it's been a while, so I'm unsure. I guess I could take the sketch pad out and compare it to the latest scan I have, but...*fine*, I'll do that now. While I'm off comparing things imagine the tune to Sheryl Crow's "Home" playing in an adult/contemporary muzak style. Okay, turns out I've done squat on that one, but I *shall* update it soon. Tomorrow, after all, is another day. :) Oh, and speaking of...wacky space adventures, I read a surprisingly enjoyable comic today titled "Outer Orbit". I think the artist is inspired by Walt Simonson (who I think was inspired by Jack Kirby, but don't quote me on that. Or the part about the Outer Orbit artist being inspired by Simonson) and I *looooooove* Walt Simonson's work. I'm also looking forward to the following issues of Outer Orbit not just for the art, though. The comedy reminds me of Next Wave but it's got higher highs but less eventful lows. Still, I'll be hitting the racks on a monthly basis looking for this little gem. Talk to y'all soon. -Dave Oh, before I forget, here's a link to the Outer Orbit page from Dark Horse. http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-948 Hmm...there *must* be a page for the artist and writer somewhere... http://www.seangordonmurphy.com/home.shtml

1 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger michael valiquette said...

http://www.blogger.com/publish-comment.do?blogID=35223733&postID=116528798045363574&r=ok
!
Mike
Oh, and this is coming along amazingly. The composition is much tighter than in your previous sketch, I think, but maybe I should check that again. Anyway, impressive. We're going to have to collaborate on something soon.
M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home