Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Officially done with Giselle...



Well, I went back and tried to give Giselle a shave, but, well, now she has no neck. Or something. This drawing started on a whim and it now will be discarded on a whim. I think I've done pretty much everything I can with this item without some major reconstruction and that being the case, I'd rather start from scratch. Her final touch-up is below. Or beside. Somewhere in this post, at any rate. I'm also working on the feline...lady...thingy. I have learned a few things on this project. Firstly, I don't know how to draw cats. Secondly, I don't know how to draw cat hair. Thirdly, even something as cool as a skull can become monotonous to draw. Okay, that last one isn't exactly fair. I'm still having quite a bit of fun drawing the different skulls but I foresee that the skulls will become ho-hum after not too much longer. I...I really don't know what to say about the woman on the chair. I wanted it to look like one of those aristocratic portraits but...it somehow seems *too* stiff. I'll be sure to do more sketches for my next sortie. The orc picture languishes in non-worked-on-edness. I would like to get that one done before the weekend but that might not be possible. Time will tell. I hope all remain interested in that which I'm putting out. Oh, no updates on the actual development of the physical portfolio, so nothing to report there. I still figure six or eight pictures colour copied on card stock and mailed out to various editors and a follow-up e-mail, where possible, to remind them of the hopeful artist checking both his mailbox and e-mail. Remain your excellent selves. -Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home