Sunday, December 03, 2006

Some progress on ye olde orc...





I asked some friends when I had made my last update and they said Wednesday, which means I've been slack on my visits here. I've found some stuff that I'd like to post and some other work I'd abandoned back when I made the decision to switch to pencil rendering. I'll be posting a pencil update, a pencil introduction and something I want to continue with even though it's a colour pen cross-hatching bit. For some reason I just want to finish that one off. Anyway, I'm getting ever closer to having enough work to send off to companies and farther away at the same time. I've decided that the picture of Polly with her flaming wings is not representative of my best work and I won't be including that in my portfolio. I've also started another piece that, although not from the adventures of the Blaaarrrrrg group (our super secret D & D party's name) it's still of the fantasy genre and I'm considering pushing back some of the regular suggestions if some interesting image pops into my head. I think it will all be full of fun and goodness, though it *is* possible some of the fellow gamers won't be as excited. How fun is drawing? No words. Talk to y'all soon. -Dave

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger michael valiquette said...

Wowie-wow-wow. Dave, this ugly orc is some of your best work yet. I am dumbfounded by the skin texture vs the chain mail. That right arm is super-awesome. I gave ya a little ole plug over on my blog, hope you don't mind.
Thanks too for the excellent-nice comment you left for me. Something small like that is enough to get me feeling like drawing. But I have to punch keys tonight doing some data-entry work. Now I'm all frustrated, but in a good way.
Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home