Monday, January 22, 2007

Benched...
















I haven't updated for a couple weeks, I think. There *is* a good reason for this. Two reasons, actually. Firstly, I was sick. Every time I catch a cold or strep or somesuch I think, "hey, some time to sit down and get some artwork done." This is a silly thought but it bubbles up in my head every time. Once I'd gotten better, or better enough to draw again, I started working on a model kit at work and proceded to slice the pad of my thumb wide open. I probably should have gotten stitches but instead I wrapped it up in tissue and duct tape (I have an alergy to the glue on bandages) and once again I seem to be fighting fit. Thus the update. I've gotten absolutely nowhere on the Shazam vs. Mr. Mind drawing but I'll post the sketches I've done as well as a bit of an update on the ogre. I'm also going to throw in a few of the pen-and-ink drawings I've done which I'll be including in my portfolio to show I can work in that medium as well. Other than that, I expect to get two more drawings done this week which means I should have something worth submitting to companies by early next week. I've got my fingers crossed. I have submitted work previously but got no response. Maybe with a beefier portfolio editors will take notice. Time will tell. :) Talk to y'all soon. -Dave

1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger michael valiquette said...

Nice to see you returning to fighting shape. Thanks for posting, it's nice to see some of this other stuff. I think I recognize the yeti-thing.
I'm a little behind on my Shazam pic too. I might get some time tomorrow night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home