Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Some scans! :D











Heya', everybody!




Well, I finally figured out what was wrong with my scanner; it was plugged into the wrong USB port. I have no idea how it got to be this way as I tend to shy away from moving things around on my computer, at least insofar as the hardware goes. I figure, if it's working, I have no business trying to change its mind as to how to do things.




I've scanned a few things that are works in progress, a final for a friend of mine and a rough for a t-shirt for a team of walkers in the upcoming Ottawa Walk for AIDS. Mr. Mike, if you could let me know what you think, that'd be great and I'll make changes or go right to inking, once the likenesses have been finalised in pencil.




The Stargirl pic was something that someone had commissioned from City of Heroes but once I had reminded them that you aren't allowed to reproduce copywritten characters on the game service I heard no more from the initially interested part. I'm going to finish it up by adding the rest of her legs where previously her logo was to appear and I'm going to try and her dad in the robot suit behind. He's a big lad and won't fit in the frame, but I think that sort of makes for a good background. Plus, I could use some practice doing metal skins. Or just metal in general. The shiny, reflective kind.




The girl in the shortiest-shorts was just me trying to draw something female and human. I'm still not entirely pleased with the consistency of my work drawing women but I'm making progress. :)




The lightning-watching robot is something that I thought of after having watched a thunder storm. The thing is, one of the guys who comes in semi-regularily asked, "Is he wondering about his origin?" Damn, I wish I'd thought of that. Oh well. To me it was just a neat image that I wanted to put down on paper. It has taught me that broad expanses of darkness are a pain in the posterior.




That's about it for now, folks. I'll have more updates soon.




-Dave (a.k.a. - Superbad)

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Lookout Michael said...

I love the sketch Dave!!!! It is amazing! I can blown away! Keep doing what your doing, I can't wait to see the final product :)

Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home